Jesse Rivest News
Wednesday, January 09, 2013
Hi all, just a quick snippet of words by my typey fingers to tell you that Peter, Brendan and I (JR and the Rec Devs) are playing Thursdays at Daddy O's on Manners Street (used to be Manners Mall) - next to Abrakebabra. That's happening this January for certain so come on down! Check Twitter for start times on the day. Actually, Peter will alternate weeks; he's with us this week and off the next, and so forth.
Also, here's our latest video for your viewing and sharing pleasure:
Saturday, August 18, 2012
After a long hiatus, JR & The Rec Devs are reunited for a show (and hopefully more!) in September! Actually, two shows if you count the live radio performance we're doing to promote the concert. The rehearsals are on and we'd love to have a nice, warm crowd of supportive friends, interested peers, and intrigued newcomers... please spread the word!
Also, I'm still running the promotion of "buy one get one free" as outlined in my previous news post:
The details for the radio performance and the concert in Wellington are:
live on RadioActive FM, between 2:00 and 4:00pm, Sunday, Sep
Shady's Americana Show
88.6 FM on local dials, and easy live streaming at website; timezones:
Vancouver: Sat, Sep 8, 7:00 to 9:00pm
Calgary: Sat, Sep 8, 8:00 to 10:00pm
Montreal: Sat, Sep 8, 10:00pm to midnight
Buenos Aires: Sat, Sep 8, 11:00pm to 1:00am
Website for streaming/listening
live at Meow, 7:30pm, Thursday, Sep 13, 2012
with special guest songsmith Miles Calder
koha/donation at the door
Facebook event for sharing
Jesse Rivest and The Recent Developments
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Just in time for Christmas, it's Jesse Rivest and the Recent Developments dropping down the chimney of Mighty Mighty (Wellington) this Wednesday eve! We've got a tasty plate of tunes on the table, short and sweet like Grandma's shortbread - hope you can make it. Bring your own milk.
Once again, the Recent Developments are:
- Brendan Schenk on banjo/accordion/mandolin
- Peter Cogswell on wire brushes, kick-box, shakers, tambourines and yes, even sleigh bells
With some travelling and adventures in store for a couple of us in the new year, it's uncertain as to when our next appearance will be - so we hope you can make this show! And honestly, where would you rather be - late last minute shopping or hanging at the ever cool Mighty Mighty with us?
- music starts 8:00pm on December 22 @ Mighty Mighty on Cuba Street, Wellington
- The Wanted Sessions evening - we're in between the lovely sounding City Oh Sigh and the newly expanded Blackwater
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Check my podcast (most recent episode) for some audio clips of our previous show at Mojo Invincible and then come on down and party with us like it's Matthew Pickering's birthday!
- 8:00 pm, July 31, Katipo Cafe, 76 Willis Street, Wellington, New Zealand
- Jesse Rivest and the Recent Developments, followed by The Town Crier (a choir!), followed by birthday boy Matthew Pickering (and friends)
- If you're Facebook crazy, here's the event
Hope to see you there!
Thursday, May 27, 2010
- Brendan Schenk on banjo, accordion, and mandolin
- Peter Cogswell on wire brushes, kick-box, shakers and tambourines
The shows are part of showcase evenings in Wellington, New Zealand:
- probably 8:00pm on June 3 @ Mighty Mighty on Cuba Street (The Wanted Sessions evening)
- likely 7:00pm on June 11 @ Mojo Invincible on Willis Street (Mojo Acoustic evening)
Should be fun, hope to see you there! Keep an eye on Facebook or Twitter for any updates.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Just a quick one to let you know that I've released a live video (from New Zealand's Waihi Bush Music Festival 2010) of a new song called My Ticket Home. You can view at Youtube with the following link.
I'm off to play the rest of my February shows in the south island of New Zealand, woo hoo!
Thursday, January 14, 2010
I'm excited to announce that I'll be playing some shows in the sunshine and glow of the upper South Island of New Zealand in February - I'm really looking forward to it!
I hope you or someone you know will come along to one of the shows; better come up and say hi, too - it's cool to meet new people. Plus the shows are small, right, so let's meet.
The very best way to stay in the loop for this tour is:
- Keep an eye on these feed items, I'll update them as needed
- Follow me on Twitter (free to NZ phones)
- Join the community at my Facebook page or tour event page
- Waihi Bush Music Festival (Geraldine area) on Feb 4 through Feb 6/7
- Wunderbar in Lyttelton (Christchurch-ish) on Feb 7
- The Mussel Inn in Golden Bay on Feb 19
- Hot Mama's in Motueka on Feb 20
- Le Cafe in Picton on Feb 21
Friday, November 13, 2009
Here are the details:
- Facebook event page (invite your friends!)
- Vorn's myspace page (hear some music)
- Thursday, November 19 @ 9:00 pm ($5 entry) @ Happy, Cnr of Tory and Vivian streets, Wellington, New Zealand
Friday, November 13, 2009
- Down Again at Youtube (share with friends!)
- Also downloadable as a podcast episode (ITunes or general)
Sunday, October 04, 2009
As some of you know, I have a little video camera and I plan to use it - I'll somehow video record this show while I'm playing. I've just been down to the "pimp my body" shop to get an extra arm attached to my waist and this week I'll be learning to use it.
Here are the details:
- Facebook event page (invite your friends, don't be selfish)
- Friday, October 9 @ 8:00 pm (doors 7:30, $6 entry), @ Mojo Invincible, 161 Willis Street, Wellington, New Zealand